Posted on | April 18, 2017 | No Comments
This Earth Day, take a minute to think about your office marketing ecosystem. Does your marketing program strive to be zero or low consumption on paper products or is it contributing to a growing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) statistic? According to the U.S. EPA the world produces over 300 million tons of paper a year with the lion share of that being produced for office supply and copier paper use.
Here are some facts and stats from the Paperless Project:
- Over 60% of the roughly 17 billion cubic feet of timber harvested worldwide each year is used for paper and pulp.
- In the last 20 years, the usage of paper products has increased from 92 million tons to 208 million, which is a growth of 126%.
- 45% of the paper printed in offices ends up trashed by the end of the day – this daily lifespan occurs for over a trillion sheets of paper per year, worldwide.
- In the U.S., companies spend more than $120 billion a year on printed forms, most of which outdate themselves within three months’ time.
- More than 70% of today’s businesses would fail within three weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records due to fire or flood.
As we celebrate another Earth Day, let’s strive to cut back on office paper by utilizing productive digital business apps, paperless online marketing software and efficient electronic record systems for a sustainable office ecology. Learn more about environmentally-friendly do-it-yourself online event management software to help keep paper waste from piling up and don’t forget to recycle.