Posted on | June 30, 2015 | No Comments
On the eve of the America’s birthday, we’d like to slightly change directions for this blog post. Most of our Emarketing blog posts usually focus on event marketing tips and the success stories of our Ennect Event Management Software users. This week the focus is on how successful event management lead to one of the greatest success stories in history – American independence. Below is a listing of important historical events that in one way or another contributed to the overall success of America’s journey to independence.
- The Boston Tea Party – December 16, 1773
- The First Continental Congress – September 5 to October 26, 1774
- Lexington, Concord and “The shot heard round the world.” – April 19, 1775
- George Washington is named Commander in Chief of the Continental Army – June 15, 1775
- Congress adopts the Declaration of Independence – July 4, `1776
- General Washington Crosses the Delaware and captures Trenton, NJ – December 26, 1776
- The French Alliance – February 6, 1778
- General Cornwallis surrenders at Yorktown, VA – October 19, 1781
- The United States and Great Britain sign the Treaty of Paris – September 3, 1783
- U.S. Constitution adopted – June 21, 1788
Happy Independence Day America!