Posted on | May 6, 2015 | No Comments
We’re all about event management here at Ennect. So with Mother’s Day coming up we thought we would share a listing of popular Mother’s Day activities and events that Mom might like. We’ve also added some fun facts about the holiday to honor Mom as well. The creation of Mother’s day in the United States can be attributed to Grafton, West Virginia native, Anna Jarvis. In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation asking Americans to give a public expression of reverence to mothers by celebrating Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is always observed on the second Sunday in May.
Popular Events and activities for Mother’s Day
- Breakfast in Bed, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner
- Massages, Manicures and Spa Treatments
- Theater Performances
- Family Walks
- Trips to the Zoo
- Have a “Mom’s Day Off”
- Give Hugs
Mother’s Day Facts
- Mother’s Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday in the United States, with 120 million cards exchanged annually. (Hallmark)
- More people purchase fresh flowers and plants for Mother’s Day than for any other holiday except Christmas/Hanukkah. (CNN)
- In the United States alone, around 122 million phone calls are made to moms on Mother’s Day. (OSR)
- Common gifts include: cards, flowers, meals in restaurants, jewelry, gift cards, clothing, trips to a spa, books, CDs, housewares and even gardening tools (OSR)
Happy Mother’s Day from the Ennect Event Management and Marketing Software Team!