A Summer Wave of Brilliant Digital Marketing ideas, musings and inspirations from Elliance that will make you go AHA!
Posted on | July 26, 2016 | No Comments
Check out the latest wave of blog posts from digital marketing agency Elliance.
Manufacturing is Dead…
by Bob Taylor
We are all tired of hearing that American manufacturing is dead. It would seem that manufacturing has found a way to adapt and overcome. Read more about manufacturing marketing – Aha!
Sports and Politics = Rocket Fuel for Higher Education Enrollment Marketing
by Scott Kozelnik
Sports and politics are ultimate flashpoint topics that will ignite any conversation hotter than combustible rocket fuel. So how does this apply to the higher education conversation? Read more about higher education enrollment marketing – Aha!
Manufacturing Marketing – The Importance of Branding
by Kelly Wang
In a recent article, the National Association of Manufacturers reported on manufacturing statistics. Emphasized were the merits of pursuing a career in the industry. Read more about manufacturing marketing – Aha!
Manufacturing Marketing: Are you where your target audience is?
by Zahra Qureshi
When manufacturing companies make decisions on which marketing tactics to use, one thing to consider is the changing habits of their target audience. Read more about manufacturing marketing – Aha!
by Craig Otto
Marketing is no longer just about persuading human beings. It’s also about persuading Google Bots. Read more about digital marketing – Aha!
Start Web Animations Early: A Study Guide
by Derek Palladino
During the development of a web site, the front end plays key roles throughout the process. Read more about website development – Aha!
Do emojis in email subject lines trigger spam filters?
by Krystal Duke
Do emojis really trigger spam filters? As a major emoji enthusiast, a connoisseur if you will, of the best way to emojify my conversations, I had to know. Read more about emojis and email marketing – Aha!
Google Announces Expanded Paid Text Ads
by Amy Sicilia
With people relying on mobile more than ever – over half of the trillions of Google searches happen on mobile – Google recently announced changes to favor the mobile experience. Google Announces Expanded Paid Text Ads. Read more about Google advertising – Aha!
Not Just a Doorway
by Jordan Chepke
The architecture and design that goes into a website. Read more about website design – Aha!
Plugging the Leaky Bucket
by Amir Mirza
When it comes to higher education and small and midsize business (SMB) lead harvesting, it is not uncommon to see many sub-domains working in tandem with main marketing websites to generate traffic and inquiries. Read more about lead harvesting – Aha!
Overcoming B2B content marketing challenges
by Meliha Zekovic
According to a recent Gallup report, 71 percent of B2B customers aren’t engaged. Meaning, they are readily willing to take their business elsewhere should an opportunity arise. Read more about B2B marketing – Aha!
Posted on | July 19, 2016 | No Comments
Forget Google. Yes, Google will actually allow you to forget them or at least delete the sites that you have visited while surfing the Google wave. Google recently unleashed myactivity.google.com which allows Google platform users to view their search history and delete specific Google searches if they want.
Google explains My Activity this way:
- Rediscover the things you’ve searched for, visited, and watched on Google services.
- Your activity helps make your Google experience faster, smarter, and more useful.
- You can easily delete specific items or entire topics. You can also change your settings and decide what data gets associated with your account.
Industry hot shots are both excited and leery of the tool. Computerwold.com explains the possible downside of deleting Google account browsing history as follows:
- “Ads will become much more generic and annoying, as will searches and other web research.”
- “Chrome browser won’t autofill URLs of sites you often visit.”
- “Raises questions about whether your security and privacy are actually compromised by Google making all of this data available to you.”
Learn more about Google My Activity and in the end remember… or forget… that Google still says, You’re In Control.
Posted on | July 11, 2016 | No Comments
The anatomy of an effective viewsletter or email newsletter is explained in the Ennect blog Six Tips for Creating Effective Emails. Here are some important points from the blog posts to take into consideration when creating your next email communication.
- Define your goals. What are you trying to achieve? Inform, sell, both? Once you answer this important question, creating content and design direction will be much easier.
- Type of email template. How do you want your e-communication to look? Here are a few options for your design architecture:
Check out the newest Viewsletter from Elliance for design and content ideas.
Posted on | July 7, 2016 | No Comments
The Democratic National Convention is set to take place in Philadelphia, PA from July 25 to July 28, 2016. A certain lollapalooza of political, protest and party events is expected culminating in the likely presidential nomination of Democratic Candidate Hillary Clinton.
Here is a look into what the protestors and party goers have planned for Philadelphia during the convention.
Democratic National Convention Protest Events
“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
- 4 Large Scale Pro-Bernie Sanders Rallies.
- Global Zero March to eliminate nuclear weapons.
- Food & Water Watch March for a Clean Energy Revolution.
- ORGANIZE to SHUT DOWN THE DNC.
- Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign.
Democratic National Convention Protest Zones
- The city has designated six zones within FDR Park, across Broad Street from the arena to demonstrate.
- Thomas Paine Plaza in Center City.
- Marconi Plaza in South Philly.
Democratic National Convention Party Events
“There is nothing that’s wrong with America that can’t be cured by what is right with America.”
― Bill Clinton
- POLITICALFEST: an interactive festival highlighting American political history, as a way to engage the community throughout the convention.
- Donkey’s Around Town: Democratic National Convention Philadelphia 2016 Donkeys Around Town Scavenger Hunt.
- PhillyFeast: PhillyFeast will kick off the Democratic National Convention with a food truck festival fit for the City of Brotherly Love.
- Unity’ Party at DNC: Rapper Snoop Dogg will headline the Democratic National Convention’s “Unity Party’ for donors in Philadelphia. The event will take place at Philadelphia’s Electric Factory on July 28.
If you are planning your own DNC watch party, organizing a local protest or hosting a support event then try Ennect Online Do-it-yourself marketing apps. Communicate with Ennect Mail. Gauge the political winds with Ennect Survey. Register attendees for your local political watch party or protest with Ennect Event.
Posted on | June 20, 2016 | No Comments
And the security hits keep on coming! Recent hacks with Twitter and other social media platforms have users on edge as stolen credentials and personal information is showing up for sale on dark net markets. It seems that mass redundant password usage is a huge security issue – not for only social media but for entertainment and shopping accounts like Netflix and Amazon. Check out this infographic and articles below for further information on how the social media realm is reacting to these hacks and a few tips on how to protect your online accounts.
- 32 million Twitter login credentials stolen (techcrunch)
- Is your password one of the top 10 worst passwords? (The Emarketing Blog)
- Hacker tries to sell LinkedIn account information of 117 million users. (motherboard.vice.com)
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg’s Twitter, Pinterest Accounts Hacked! (thehackernews.com)
It’s never too late to be safe – now is a good time to review your login credentials. If you do need help or have seen issues on your Facebook, Twitter or G+ social media accounts you can contact the following for help:
- Facebook Help Center Hacked Accounts
- Twitter Help Center Compromised Accounts
- Google Help: Recover a Compromised Gmail Account
Posted on | June 2, 2016 | No Comments
The Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers 2016 Internet Trends was recently released and presented by industry expert Mary Meeker at Recode’s annual technology conference. Here are some highlights of the report:
- World Internet connection is at 3 billion users with a global penetration of 42%.
- Global internet usage is flat at +9% from year 2014 to year 2015.
- India is the bright spot in the report where India’s Internet usage is accelerating. Trending up from +33% in 2014 to +40% in 2015.
- India surpassed the U.S. to become #2 global Internet user only behind China.
- Smartphone usage is declining worldwide from +31% in 2014 to +21% in 2015.
Reasons for Slow Growth
- Stagnating global economy.
- Global debt is high and rising faster than most GDP’s.
- Demographic trends (slow population growth).
- Google advertising works. In 2015: +14% growth with $75 billion in revenue.
- Video ads are not working.
- 81% mute ads.
- 62% highly dislike or are annoyed by brands forcing pre-roll viewing.
- 93% consider ad blocking software.
Take in the rest of the 2016 Internet Trends report including how commerce and brands have evolved to suit the Silent Generation, Baby Boomers, Gen X and Millennials.
Make Your Class Reunion One to Remember With Do-it-yourself Online Event Registration Software and Tools
Posted on | May 24, 2016 | No Comments
You can’t believe it, 25 years already! Where has the time gone? It seems like it was only yesterday that you dawned the cap and gown and were “high-fiving” your friends at your high school or college graduation. You’ve always been the one to take charge and this task is no different – you have taken up the mantle of Class Reunion Event Coordinator! Now go be an event hero, embrace reunion bliss and crush planning anxiety with Ennect Event online registration tools.
Take charge by using online do-it-yourself event registration software to streamline the process. Online event management will give you complete control of all facets of event planning and will provide you with a real time attendance count, dinner selections, tee-shirt sizes and other important logistics.
Here are only a few ideas on how to get started with Ennect:
- Everyone has an email or Facebook page these days right? Use in-software email invitations to easily reach your reunion email contact list with updates and registration links. Post your event webpage link on classmates and schools Facebook pages to let them know that the reunion is nigh and registration is open.
- An online event registration webpage with credit card payment portal is such a game changer and time saver. You ditch the paperwork and check cashing and go straight to electronic processing. Easy for both planners and registrants alike.
- If you are looking for input from your class mates you can use an online survey to gather helpful information such as best dates and places to have the reunion.
There are so many other tools that do-it-yourself online event management software brings to the table that you will be happy you decided to use it. Learn more about the entire Ennect suite of online event tools that will make this class reunion one to remember.
Posted on | May 18, 2016 | No Comments
Bells and whistles: parts and features that are useful or appealing but not essential or necessary. – Merriam-Webster
There seems to be so many extra bells and whistles layered into digital services and online marketing software these days that the basic functionality of the product is overshadowed. So before you choose an online marketing software, be sure to make a list of the basic functionality that you will need to succeed in your endeavor. Drilling down to basic needs and staving off the pricey extras that will probably never be used is the first step to finding the right digital marketing tool.
For example, if you are looking for a do-it-yourself online event management software seek out some of these basic capabilities:
- A really easy-to-use customizable event website builder
- An email invitation system that sends unlimited, customized and branded correspondence
- Real-time reporting that reflects registrants and sessions
- Online payment gateways with credit card processing
In the end, a successful event begins with do-it-yourself event management software that does what it is supposed to do and not what it could be able to do. Learn more about do-it-yourself marketing software that works.
“Ennect Event has given me the freedom to make necessary changes without having to bother any of our web developers. I can control the look and feel, upload or change content, set up the registration information, or pull reports at a moment’s notice. I can go straight to the website and do it myself.”
How about a few digital marketing ideas, musings and inspirations from Elliance that will make you go AHA!
Posted on | May 10, 2016 | No Comments
Check out these latest blog posts from digital marketing agency Elliance. You too might just say Aha!
Climb on board the Usership… by Krystal Duke
Ninety eight percent of users were visiting this particular landing page on their… you guessed it… mobile devices. Aha!
Oh, the humanity!: Falling in love with rewriting by Erin McCarthy
“Everything you quote — every movie, every TV show, every lyric — has been endlessly rewritten… Fall in love with rewriting!” Aha!
A Facebook Like is Worth What?!! by Amy Sicilia
In the paid advertising world, it’s easy to determine your ROI if you’re using analytics to track all of your efforts. But when it comes to social marketing, there are so many metrics and variables it can make your head spin. Aha!
Your 5 Point Brand Checklist by R. Todd Erkel
A 5 point checklist to ensure a better experience and outcome at every step. Aha!
The Social Media Digital Supermarket by Scott Kozelnik
Does anyone feel that the current crop of social media apps and tools resembles the produce section at your local supermarket? Aha!
It Takes Two to Tango by Bob Taylor
Client engagements are a lot like this type of dance. Aha!
Does destiny play a role in business? by Abu Noaman
If your destiny is calling, listen carefully to what it demands, accept its challenges and enjoy your journey. Aha!
“It’s done in a second and 34 years.” by Kathy Kendra
You know, the creative business is an odd bird. Anyone who has a creative bent knows what I mean. Aha!
Cancel the Eulogy: Email is Alive & Well in 2016 by Debbie Shiring
Despite predictions just a few years ago that social media would lead to the demise of email as a viable marketing platform, the email apocalypse never materialized. Aha!
Design For The Human Experience by Craig Otto
I don’t like the term “UX Design” and this is why. Aha!
Check back again often for more digital marketing ideas, musings and inspirations from Elliance that will make you go AHA! Elliance serves the Higher Education, B2B & Manufacturing, Banking & Financial Services and Nonprofit markets.
Posted on | May 5, 2016 | No Comments
Mother’s Day History Lesson:
- The creation of Mother’s day in the United States can be attributed to Grafton, West Virginia native, Anna Jarvis.
- In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation asking Americans to give a public expression of reverence to mothers by celebrating Mother’s Day.
- Mother’s Day is always observed on the second Sunday in May.
Popular events and activities for Mother’s Day
- Breakfast in Bed, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner
- Massages, Manicures and Spa Treatments
- Theater Performances
- Family Walks
- Trips to the Zoo
- Have a “Mom’s Day Off”
- Give Hugs
Mother’s Day Facts
- Mother’s Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday in the United States, with 120 million cards exchanged annually. (Hallmark)
- More people purchase fresh flowers and plants for Mother’s Day than for any other holiday except Christmas/Hanukkah. (CNN)
- In the United States alone, around 122 million phone calls are made to moms on Mother’s Day. (OSR)
- Common gifts include: cards, flowers, meals in restaurants, jewelry, gift cards, clothing, trips to a spa, books, CDs, housewares and even gardening tools (OSR)
Happy Mother’s Day Moms! Enjoy your day.
keep looking »