Make Your Class Reunion One to Remember With Do-it-yourself Online Event Registration Software and Tools
Posted on | May 24, 2016 | No Comments
You can’t believe it, 25 years already! Where has the time gone? It seems like it was only yesterday that you dawned the cap and gown and were “high-fiving” your friends at your high school or college graduation. You’ve always been the one to take charge and this task is no different – you have taken up the mantle of Class Reunion Event Coordinator! Now go be an event hero, embrace reunion bliss and crush planning anxiety with Ennect Event online registration tools.
Take charge by using online do-it-yourself event registration software to streamline the process. Online event management will give you complete control of all facets of event planning and will provide you with a real time attendance count, dinner selections, tee-shirt sizes and other important logistics.
Here are only a few ideas on how to get started with Ennect:
- Everyone has an email or Facebook page these days right? Use in-software email invitations to easily reach your reunion email contact list with updates and registration links. Post your event webpage link on classmates and schools Facebook pages to let them know that the reunion is nigh and registration is open.
- An online event registration webpage with credit card payment portal is such a game changer and time saver. You ditch the paperwork and check cashing and go straight to electronic processing. Easy for both planners and registrants alike.
- If you are looking for input from your class mates you can use an online survey to gather helpful information such as best dates and places to have the reunion.
There are so many other tools that do-it-yourself online event management software brings to the table that you will be happy you decided to use it. Learn more about the entire Ennect suite of online event tools that will make this class reunion one to remember.
Posted on | May 18, 2016 | No Comments
Bells and whistles: parts and features that are useful or appealing but not essential or necessary. – Merriam-Webster
There seems to be so many extra bells and whistles layered into digital services and online marketing software these days that the basic functionality of the product is overshadowed. So before you choose an online marketing software, be sure to make a list of the basic functionality that you will need to succeed in your endeavor. Drilling down to basic needs and staving off the pricey extras that will probably never be used is the first step to finding the right digital marketing tool.
For example, if you are looking for a do-it-yourself online event management software seek out some of these basic capabilities:
- A really easy-to-use customizable event website builder
- An email invitation system that sends unlimited, customized and branded correspondence
- Real-time reporting that reflects registrants and sessions
- Online payment gateways with credit card processing
In the end, a successful event begins with do-it-yourself event management software that does what it is supposed to do and not what it could be able to do. Learn more about do-it-yourself marketing software that works.
“Ennect Event has given me the freedom to make necessary changes without having to bother any of our web developers. I can control the look and feel, upload or change content, set up the registration information, or pull reports at a moment’s notice. I can go straight to the website and do it myself.”
How about a few digital marketing ideas, musings and inspirations from Elliance that will make you go AHA!
Posted on | May 10, 2016 | No Comments
Check out these latest blog posts from digital marketing agency Elliance. You too might just say Aha!
Climb on board the Usership… by Krystal Duke
Ninety eight percent of users were visiting this particular landing page on their… you guessed it… mobile devices. Aha!
Oh, the humanity!: Falling in love with rewriting by Erin McCarthy
“Everything you quote — every movie, every TV show, every lyric — has been endlessly rewritten… Fall in love with rewriting!” Aha!
A Facebook Like is Worth What?!! by Amy Sicilia
In the paid advertising world, it’s easy to determine your ROI if you’re using analytics to track all of your efforts. But when it comes to social marketing, there are so many metrics and variables it can make your head spin. Aha!
Your 5 Point Brand Checklist by R. Todd Erkel
A 5 point checklist to ensure a better experience and outcome at every step. Aha!
The Social Media Digital Supermarket by Scott Kozelnik
Does anyone feel that the current crop of social media apps and tools resembles the produce section at your local supermarket? Aha!
It Takes Two to Tango by Bob Taylor
Client engagements are a lot like this type of dance. Aha!
Does destiny play a role in business? by Abu Noaman
If your destiny is calling, listen carefully to what it demands, accept its challenges and enjoy your journey. Aha!
“It’s done in a second and 34 years.” by Kathy Kendra
You know, the creative business is an odd bird. Anyone who has a creative bent knows what I mean. Aha!
Cancel the Eulogy: Email is Alive & Well in 2016 by Debbie Shiring
Despite predictions just a few years ago that social media would lead to the demise of email as a viable marketing platform, the email apocalypse never materialized. Aha!
Design For The Human Experience by Craig Otto
I don’t like the term “UX Design” and this is why. Aha!
Check back again often for more digital marketing ideas, musings and inspirations from Elliance that will make you go AHA! Elliance serves the Higher Education, B2B & Manufacturing, Banking & Financial Services and Nonprofit markets.
Posted on | May 5, 2016 | No Comments
Mother’s Day History Lesson:
- The creation of Mother’s day in the United States can be attributed to Grafton, West Virginia native, Anna Jarvis.
- In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation asking Americans to give a public expression of reverence to mothers by celebrating Mother’s Day.
- Mother’s Day is always observed on the second Sunday in May.
Popular events and activities for Mother’s Day
- Breakfast in Bed, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner
- Massages, Manicures and Spa Treatments
- Theater Performances
- Family Walks
- Trips to the Zoo
- Have a “Mom’s Day Off”
- Give Hugs
Mother’s Day Facts
- Mother’s Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday in the United States, with 120 million cards exchanged annually. (Hallmark)
- More people purchase fresh flowers and plants for Mother’s Day than for any other holiday except Christmas/Hanukkah. (CNN)
- In the United States alone, around 122 million phone calls are made to moms on Mother’s Day. (OSR)
- Common gifts include: cards, flowers, meals in restaurants, jewelry, gift cards, clothing, trips to a spa, books, CDs, housewares and even gardening tools (OSR)
Happy Mother’s Day Moms! Enjoy your day.
Posted on | April 28, 2016 | No Comments
On April 21, 2016 the Olympic torch was officially set ablaze in Olympia, Greece sparking the 2016 Olympic Games. The torch ceremoniously traveled through Greece before it was passed on to the Brazilian Olympic contingent for the Rio games. Check out these interesting event facts on the torch relay for the 2016 Olympic Games.
- The Rio 2016 Olympic torch was lit for the first time by Greek gymnast Eleftherios Petrounias.
- There were over 450 torchbearers participating in the torch relay in Greece
- The torch will be honored at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The torch will make an appearance at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, headquarters of the International Olympic Committee.
- The Olympic Torch Relay will officially start in the capital city of Brasilia.
- The torch will travel for 95-days visiting 83 cities, 26 state capitals and 500 towns.
- The relay will reach an estimated 90% of Brazil’s population.
- The relay will cover 20,000km of the country by road and 16,000km by air.
- Approximately 12,000 torchbearers will carry the torch for roughly 200 meters each.
The torch relay will end on August 5, 2016 with the lighting of the Olympic cauldron during the 2016 Opening Ceremony at the Maracanã Stadium. To learn more about the 2016 Rio Olympic Games visit www.rio2016.com. For information on how to manage your own epic event please visit Ennect.com.
Posted on | April 19, 2016 | No Comments
From higher education enrollment, cultural performances and health fitness conferences, Ennect Event clients are always finding unique ways to use online do-it-yourself event registration software. So when we came across CNN’s World events that’ll shake up your 2016 vacation, we thought it would be cool to share some of these fantastic events as well as a few other historic and unique happenings that are being celebrated this year.
Check out some of these monumental 2016 events:
- Shakespeare 400 in England: The 400th anniversary celebration of Shakespeare’s death coordinated by King’s College London in April.
- Summer Olympics in Brazil: Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from August 5 to 21, 2016.
- Battle of Somme Centenary in France: Commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the World War I Battle of the Somme in July.
- Lollapalooza Festival in Chicago: The 25th Anniversary Celebration of Perry Farrell’s Lollapalooza music festival in July.
- Copa America Centenario in the United States: Hemispheric battle between South America and North America for soccer greatness kicks off in June.
- San Diego Comic-Con: The largest and original Comic-Con happens in July.
- 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 in Indiana: Drivers will be starting their engines for the The Indy 500 in May.
If you are looking for ways to promote events faster, easier and gather together attendees from across the country there’s no better way than with Ennect Event do-it-yourself online registration software. Try it free today and start creating buzz on a global scale!
Posted on | April 13, 2016 | No Comments
Thank you Netflix for making a strong case for email marketing software in conjunction with social media and SEO for concerted customer messaging. There is a recent article by Melissa Ward at Target Marketing that explains her frustration with the lack of direct communication regarding the upcoming May 2016 increase in Netflix service fees. Ward wonders why almost 75 million Netflix subscribers haven’t received any direct email yet from Netflix about the rate hike but users can do a Google search or patrol social media to find out that there will be an increase from $7.99 to $9.99 in May 2016.
What’s the lesson here? Coordinate your messaging well with email, social media and updated digital content to create a communications safety net for both your organization and customers. Exhaust all touch points including web, email and social media to inform your audience of important news and changes. This way, customers and followers won’t just use social media for the sole purpose of flaming you when they get hit in the wallet without knowing first.
Posted on | April 7, 2016 | No Comments
Here is a question that is as old as time or at least email (1970’s) that email marketers always contemplate – “What’s the secret to getting email recipients to click on the primary call to action link in your email?” Are you ready to be blown away with some digital marketing genius? … The answer is – have one focused and prevalent call to action. That’s right, one. Readers need to see the target link in order to click it. It makes no sense to have your reader going click happy on tons of links and risk having them get lost in the link swamp.
Here are a few ideas on how to help with your email call to actions:
Guide Your Reader: Show them the way with directive email copy. Target, Amazon.com and most online retail companies do this well as they lead prospective buyers with directive calls to action:
- Look inside
- View the sale
- Buy now with 1-Click
- Give as a gift
- Add to wish list
- Send sample now
- Shop now
- Apply now
A Colorful Call to Action: A call to action should be prevalent to a reader. Smart call to action button placement and the use of meaningful images can all contribute to successful conversions. The right color combination can influence more clicks. A study by Quicksprout concludes that people make a subconscious judgment for action within 90 seconds of viewing a product and 90% of those people base their action on color!
Urgency Produces Results: People are busy, attention spans are short and action needs to happen almost immediately after emails are opened. Use time sensitive action words and phrases like Today, Only 2 Days Left and Now in your email call to action copy to improve results.
Do-it-yourself Email Marketing Software: Save time by using email marketing software that saves email templates which can be easily used over and over again and edited for content. Multiple emails in stages – primary, follow up and final with alternate copy and the same call to action directive can help to increase clicks on the target link. Spend more time on writing copy and less time on the technical.
In the end, it is all about what gets results. Good luck and here is your call to action … Try Ennect Marketing Software Free Now!
Posted on | March 30, 2016 | No Comments
Winter has thawed, the sun is shining and the grass is a bit greener, this means one thing – an abundance of spring outdoor activities and league registrations. From the first league meeting to collecting uniform sizes, league administrators need a heavy hitting do-it-yourself event registration app to manage activities all season long.
Here are a few ideas on how Ennect Event can help manage youth sports leagues with ease
- Custom league websites: Create a custom event website for your youth sports league.
- Create online registration: Make it convenient for parents to register their kids online through a league registration portal.
- Offer online payments: Allow parents to pay registration and league fees online with a credit card.
- Detailed reporting: Access detailed reports for all league sign-ups.
- Feature uniform and equipment options for your participants: Collect uniform sizes, track requested equipment and much more during the registration process.
- Send email reminders: Parents are busy people. So make it easier for them with email reminders about their children’s games and other league related communications.
So this spring, get the kids outside and involved with these top sports and outdoor activities:
- Baseball and Softball
- Youth Soccer
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field
Posted on | March 22, 2016 | No Comments
Happy Tenth Birthday Twitter!
Twitter celebrates 10 years as a leading Internet social media app this month. Twitter should definitely be applauded for making it through a successful decade of digital relevancy especially with the ever-growing number of social media tools and apps available. A recent post titled “The Social Media Digital Supermarket” on the Elliance digital marketing blog Aha! praises Twitter as a core social media platform and a standard bearer in the social media universe. Twitter is ranked one of the top ten most popular social media networks with 320 million monthly users.
We thought it would be fun to look back at few of the top tweets, major milestones and history of Twitter’s first decade:
- First Tweet – March 2006 : Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey sent the first tweet ever—”just setting up my twttr.”
- First Hashtag – August 2007: #barcamp, used for the global technology gatherings called Barcamp
- First to 1 million followers – April 2009: Ashton Kutcher @aplusk
- First Tweet from Space – January 2010: Astronaut TJ Creamer “Hello Twitterverse! We r now LIVE tweeting from the International Space Station — the 1st live tweet from Space! More soon, send your ?s” @Astro_TJ
- First Pope – December 2012: Pope Benedict Joins Twitter @Pontifex
- Twitter Royalty – July 2013: 2 million tweets awaited the birth of Prince George #RoyalBaby
- Biggest Sporting Event – June 2014: The 2014 World cup was the biggest sporting event for Twitter – 627 million tweets
- Tweets per Minute – February 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio’s win at the 2014 Oscars ignited 440,000 tweets per minute. @LeoDiCaprio
Here’s to another decade of successful tweeting! To learn more about twitter and social media for inbound marketing and how to use social media and twitter for successful do-it-yourself event management visit here.
keep looking »